Friday, January 06, 2012

new fav hotspot

Great big home improvement store parking lot. So I managed to snag a deal on a miro with pay as you go monthly service. I can go to the hispl, as noted in first sentence, during my lunch hour however. If necessary, I can go walk around in there as well.

2012 is not shaping up to be the year I was hoping. Could be because of this massive head cold I have or because my lady month started 5 days too early or that I don't know what will happen with job at the end of March. I began the year with high hope and anticipation but this week is just leaving me with high anxiety. I am sure it will get better soon.

G has been making strides with sleeping in her own bed these last two nights at home. She started back to school yesterday just in time for the weekend. She started basketball practice last night on an all girls 2nd-6th grade team. I am not yet sure how I feel about that yet. I will withhold judgment until after the first game next week (or possibly will withhold indefinitely) .

I am a wee bit tired of non-santa-believing kids telling my kid about Santa. I myself believe in Santa who was an historical religious figure that is now legend and can live on in an idea. I understand ones family's right to not practice the Santa myth but leave my kid alone about it. When G asks if he is real I tell her about St. Nicholas who was a follower of Jesus and helped people out of his own riches giving gifts like the wisemen gave Jesus gifts and that is why we give gifts to each other. Do you like how I get all wordy in my explaination? Helps G to forget what she asked without giving away the secret. Once she asked how would she contact Santa when she had children? I told her she would get the info passed down from me as I got it passed from my own mom.

G and I celebrated her first participation in communion on Christmas eve which in our little family was a big deal. In our denomination she has always been allowed to though I chose to make her wait. She and I as a family made it her first communion which was special to me probably more than to her. I felt age-wise and holiday wise it was a good time.

Let me think, is there anything else I could say about anything? Probably, but the fire keyboard is a bit confining. Still loving it as a replacement computer. Though it isn't really the best replacement I can settle for now. Two of my nephews are still very sick though not in the hospital. Just keep them and their parents in your prayers if you would.


Oh and tapzoo is addicting. Just thought I would throw that out there.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Sending prayers for your nephews.

Congratulations on first communion! It is a very big deal. :o)

Hope you are feeling better real soon.