Monday, February 13, 2012

what a weekend

The weekend started Friday night with G and a sore throat. She caught my cold. I took her temp after karate and it was low grade 99. I thought maybe it was because of working out in karate so I waited. The next time it was 100.4 or 6 or something. So I texted the grandparents about not going to the basketball game and texted the coach as well. I took a dose of niquil myself, drugged G with a zyrtec and tussin cough meds the headed to bed.

At 6:45am G wakes me up whining about not getting to play basketball. Nyquil knocks me out and I was mostly non-responsive at that time of the morning. Long story short when I was able to get up only to function in a fog, I made a Dr appointment for 10:20am which was about an hour twenty after I woke up. I called my mom and got myself and G dressed. Mom came over and we headed to the doc. I had not had breakfast nor made coffee. G ate her eggs in the car on the way. Thirty five dollars later we walk out without Rx because G has a simple cold, no strep and no infection, yeah.

Peace of mind is worth the price. G's basketball team borrowed a player from the opposing team and all 10 girls got to play. That is what I like about upward, it is learning about Jesus while playing a bit of basketball with everyone getting a chance to play. Yes G was upset not to play but giving everyone on her team a cold or making G sicker for over exertion was not my idea of a fun Sat. After running the humidifier I think we are now both on the mend. I am thankful for doctors who don't over prescribe.

Sunday we exposed as few people as we could and G was 24 hours fever free anyway at that point, but we only went to Sunday School. G worked in her scrap book, painted me a valentine rock and painted a picture frame. She had a creative day and I got the pile of laundry done. All in all productive I think so.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Glad everyone is feeling better!