Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Darned if you do, darned

Well, you know the rest.  Trying to be productive and not just sitting on my arse on the internet I missed a temp assignment for the next 5 days.  E-mail came through at 3:15pm for 3 people starting tomorrow and to contact the temp agency.  I checked my e-mail at 4:57pm.  Yea, pretty sure that job is gone! 

During that time I was finsihing up laundry, making dirty rice for G's lunch for the next couple of days and cleaning out G's clothes to take to the good will.  I also made pizza for supper and picked up around the kitchen that desparately needed attention. 

Before that e-mail came I had gone to have lunch with G because she asked as we walked home yesterday if I could come eat lunch with her today.  We had a pic nic at the school yard in the wind!  It was fun.

Maybe for the best to lose out on this job.  This Friday night G is having her "official" party with a friend (friend was busy last weekend).  All G wants to do is go paint a piece of pottery and get a GiGi's cupcake like last year.  So friend is going to spend the night Friday night and we will head off for cupcakes and pottery.  At least on Friday night I won't have to work late so I can pick the girls up from school and deal with them instead of my parents being stuck with having to entertain them.

I am bringing movies out to watch and that is all for that. I think I am going to get pizzas for the girls, 1 each and maybe make brownies or something. Other than that we aren't doing much else.  G is missing the birthday party of a little friend whose birthday is 2 days earlier than G's.  Apparently, this little girl was busy on her birthday weekend too.

I have to remain positive and not positive as in "I am positive I am headed for the welfare rolls" but positive that somthing will work out.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Sounds like Miss G's birthday is going to be a lot of fun! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way on the job front.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Bev....you are one of the most positive people I know! You have been wrestling with the job market for SO long and always write with a hopeful attitude about it. Praying!!!!