Friday, April 06, 2012

How My Morning Started

At 3:35am the train whistle interrupted my dream such that I thought it was my alarm so I jumped out of bed. When I figured out that it wasn't time to get up and it wasn't Saturday but Friday, I went to potty then back to bed. Then at 5:30am the normal work day wake up time when G is home went off. That wouldn't have been so bad except that G wasn't home and I thought I had turned that alarm off. Even that wouldn't have been so bad had I not only not turned it off but I turned it on buzz when normally it is on radio. Next I checked the alarm that was set to go off at 6am only to discover I had set it for 6pm. After fixing that I fell asleep for another 30 mins and then got up for the day.

In the kitchen things were still a bit "off." I turned on the stove only to later discover it wasn't the burner I wanted but the one with the empty frying pan on it, oops. I fixed that and got the kettle boiling, set my French press up for coffee and poured my Cheerios getting ready to eat. I hadn't yet poured the milk on the cereal when the kettle started to whistle so I picked it up and poured boiling hot water on my cereal. It took me a second or two to figure out what was wrong with that picture when I finally stopped pouring the water on the cereal and directed it to the French pot. By this time my "off" morning had won and I gave up the fight. I poured that watery bowl of cereal down the drain and ate my sausage pattie that I had initially turned the wrong burner on for. But the patti itself was a wee bit pinkish in the middle, yum (not).

I decided to just go to work and eat pistachios for breakfast because that is a really tasty breakfast when the real deal was ruined.

I am beginning to be a leeeetttle bit worried about me and my lack of functionability (is that a word?);O}

Tonight I picked G up from my parents and she was a bit "off" as well. But a phone call saved the day and her derriere by a friend inviting her to spend the night. I hate being caught off guard. It is the same little friend we are going to the zoo with tomorrow so I hope they aren't too sick of each other by tomorrow. My little sensitive shy child will hold her emotions and unload on me later. I suppose that is okay since I am mom and she realizes she does it because she doesn't want to be embarrassed but I really dislike being unloaded upon. And yes those were several run on sentences without proper punctuation because I am about to go to bed and am very tired.

I applied for one of the two full time positions today. If I don't get one of them I will be unemployed on Friday. Please pray for a miracle because at this rate I truly need one.

2 comments:

Steph B said...

Praying for you, that you get one of the positions. I hope today is a better day for you.

Vivian M said...

It sounds like you both need more sleep!