Thursday, April 26, 2012

Productive Day

Just not job-wise.  I mowed the yard (have a headache from that), found some giant sunflower seeds to plant but I don't think they are as big as this one I grew several years ago.  That was 2009, G was just 5 years and my dad is about 6 ft tall.  I can't even remember where I got that package of seeds but only one grew out of it.  Then I cut it and didn't let it go to seed which meant I couldn't reproduce it the next year.  Oh well. 
The really big thing I did was get a new shower curtain and clean the bathtub because that was well past due.  My other curtain was ripping from the corner.  Tends to happen when they get to be over 3 years old.  I am surprised the cheap thing lasted that long, heh.
Made G's day today too by bringing home a friend (her mom had an errand to run) after school.  They are playing nicely so far in G's room. 

G received a belated bday gift from my brother of a million a package of little pet shop toys.  G has a village or maybe a small city of little pet shop and littlest pet shop because they can't get too small.  That seems to be a sustaining toy, one that is played with a million and three times.

That was a fun surprise for her too when she got home.  She asked me to video her opening it and the package happened to have two wrapped gifts.  After opening the first one it dawned on her that she would be required to write a thank you to which she protested by jumping up and down like a tantruming toddler until I reminded her she was on video.  She asked me not to share the video, heh.  Trust me it was all for show no real tears.  Goofy kid. 

I got her room ready for her to sleep in last night and she said with a straight face too, "I was thinking about that today and I think I will most definitely sleep in my room all next week.  I PROMISE!"

Maybe it is just me and I am not adjusted to this new blogger interface but I don't think I like it at all.  Maybe it will grow on me.  Who knows.

I am making rosemary potatos because my rosemary bush from last year's bag garden is huge and I was craving them.  My house smells so very tasty which is a wonderful change from the usual.  That is all I have on the menu though so far.  So off to ponder the rest of the meal.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Oh I love rosemary! I have a small bush by my kitchen window that is barely surviving.
Too bad we can't see the video, lol.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Lottie loves Little Pet Shop!!! That is one of the things she made sure we are not selling:)