Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Two Days With G and an Anniversary

Yesterday was awards day at G's school. The beads represented levels of AR reading. She had over 100 points so she was in the 25, 50 and 100 point club which for her represents roughly over 100 books read from grade level kindergarten through 4.3 (fourth grade 3rd month). I am very proud of her. She even received a perfect attendance for the last nine weeks. She missed the whole year by 1 fever illness.


Her school throws a good behavior party which is as it says, for good behavior you are well rewarded. This was a water party. The fire trucks came with several hoses and at the end of the games all kids where herded sent to the center of the play ground and sprayed. Pretty amazing what with all the squeals of delight and cold, heh. And no I didn't participate 'cause I had the camera. Even the teachers were wet.





The firefighters had as much fun as the kids with one on the top of the truck in a water fight with three on the ground. Tomorrow is the last day and she is a 3rd grader officially.


I didn't make her stay the rest of the day though. She assured me that she would stay tomorrow all day. Tomorrow is the last day as if the school really wants them there tomorrow.

And today is the 7th anniversary of "the call." I told G that and she responded with "So?!" The sentimentality, it kills me!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Fun! I really like the beads earned. Congrats on your 7 year referral anniversary! :o) It seems like only yesterday we were waiting what seemed like forever....