Thursday, July 05, 2012

4 Hour Swim

G swam for 4 hours at the going away party for two friends who are returning to Korea on Monday. They lived for a year with an aunt and cousins here to learn English in school. It was a nice send off for them even though the girls absolutely do not wish to return.

G is so very tired and she did not swim with any child there and that made me a bit sad. It was her choice though. Then she didn't get a slice of pizza that she liked. I felt a bit sad for her. She told me she didn't want to go initially because she actually wasn't friends with the girls so she wasn't sure why she was invited but I am friends with the parents. She was starving when we got home. She swam close to 4 1/2 hours.

Now we are settled watching Mary Poppins. She will fall asleep before it goes off. She looks uncomfortable but is too grumpy for me to suggest she move. She has snapped at me twice already.

It was so very hot too. I think it reached 103° today and that around party time. Anyway, mostly G stayed in or around the deep end. She has a little bit of fish in her I think.

Tomorrow my aunt and uncle will be in town so we are heading out to see them at my parents. Fun family week I guess.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I can so understand why she would be grumpy with those hot temperatures and swimming for so long!