Monday, August 06, 2012

Enough of the Debbie Downer, On To G Conversations

So the other morning before the wake up time (for summer anyway), G, who still sleeps with me, woke me up to announce she had to go potty. So I told her to go already since she doesn't have to ask my permission. She got out of the bed and turned the light on in the bathroom but it didn't come on.

I heard her say, "Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh" as she ran back and jumped on the bed scared out of her wits.

I said, "What are you doing?"

She said, "Something is wrong, the light won't come on, the satellite is out."

I said, "Well turn on the light over the sink, and lights don't work on satellite. The bulb blew that is all."


Then the other night I was getting ready for bed as G was already in the bed playing scrabble on the kindle. I came out and she told me she won that game I had started. I congratulated her and she said (very slyly), "Mama, I used a bad word."

I said, "You did?"

She said, "Yes, the 's' word."

I said, "What 's' word? 'shut up' or 'stupid'." Of course, I was thinking of one other 4 letter version.

She said, "s-e-x"

I said, "Sex? That isn't a bad word. That is a beautiful word when it is between a husband and wife. God created it for moms and dads to enjoy and have babies. Who told you that was a dirty word?"

She said, "cousin" Oh, okay then, carry on.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

:o) I love these conversations. Some day our daughters can look back and read about all the things they said that amused us.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ha ha ha....I too love these conversations:)