Saturday, August 04, 2012

Productive Saturday

Finished mowing the yard. It was hot but not as hot as this morning would have been.

This is a picture of G and our cat (last animal), Simon. I believe I was not in the room and found them this way when I came in Thursday. They were both so quiet that I wasn't sure what they were up too, you know? Quiet children can sometimes not be a good thing. Anyway, they were just comfortably lying on the couch. Simon's head is only up because I came in; initially he had his head twisted upside down asleep. She wasn't asleep at all, just enjoying the quiet and the cat.

Simon is a very very cool cat though he too is old. He had a rough life before joining us and then had to endure the indignity of being the dog's play thing. He was a very good sport about it though. He has thoroughly gotten used to being kicked out of the bedroom. He is no longer welcome and we both are sleeping better for it. He has a box with a pillow in the corner of the kitchen where he can be found most evenings.

After Simon passes, we will be pet less for a year, preferably several years. I don't know how old Simon is though so it will be difficult to gage the beginning of the blissful end of pet ownership. Can you tell I am looking forward to it?

Off to get ready for bed.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I get scared when Kerri is quiet, lol.
What a big cat! They look so comfy laying there. :o)