Saturday, August 04, 2012

Yes, I Have a Job

I received confirmation that I do start on Monday. So I will borrow a lab coat until I can afford my own. Today, is a day of laundry. I have to figure out lunch for Monday. G will go to the grandparents until school starts. Hopefully the hours will remain 8:30am to 5pm with a 30 min lunch.

So I haven't gotten the unemployment for time I have been off. I don't know that I will. I will have to have help paying for gas to go to work or getting a job is useless.

Anyway, G goes to school on 8/20, 3rd grade. I think we will both be glad to be in a routine. Getting a job really does take knowing someone. The temp agency had called for me to be on standby for a call center for 3 weeks paying $9/hr (paid only if I was called) but wouldn't send my resume to other call center job openings because I am "above that level" their words, no joke. Maybe there is another reason but they aren't telling me what it is.

In celebration, G and I rented Nanny McPhee Returns from am*azon. It is pretty cute for what it is and espouses. We have had to talk about having faith for faith's sake rather than having faith in someone or something. So off to finish the movie.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Congratulations!!!! We don't start school until September.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Congratulations on the job!!!!! I hope it lasts and lasts:) We are looking forward to starting school again too...we thrive on routine!