Monday, August 06, 2012

You Will NOT Believe This

So I go to work and the office manager who offered me the job in a 4 line cryptic e-mail said, "There must have been a misunderstanding. I am not ready for you. We are doing month end stuff and I don't have time for you." In the lobby of the doctor office with patients and all. She said she had seen my e-mail but didn't read it therefore she didn't bother to call me.

I had sent an e-mail back requesting permission to show up on Monday and I also e-mailed the billing manager about it. The billing manager is who I would be working directly under. The office manager is over the billing manager. I would assume the billing manager would be told about a new hire offer. So the billing manager said, "see you Monday." I wrongly apparently assumed that the office manager had told her that I was coming and they were in agreement.

So the office manager sent me home with promises to call sometime today. To say I am NOT happy is an understatement. I looked like a fool and felt like one. I have no start date.

I am a big puddle of tears because of course my whole church practically knew I was starting today but alas I didn't. One of the retired nurses brought me a stack of scrubs and lab coats to keep so I could start. I doubt based on this office manager's abilities that I will start this week. It wouldn't surprise me.

So today I will be going swimming with G again (we went last night), then to karate to work my frustration out.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I pray every night for you guys and that you will get a job soon. I don't know what else to say, but sending you big, big hugs.

Briana's Mom said...

That is so horrible and embarrassing. I am so sorry that happened to you. Totally insensitive and wrong on their part. People are so rude!

Vivian M said...

I don't think this is a reflection on you. I think this is a reflection on the person that told you to show up. The good news is, you still have the job and will be starting soon. So no more tears! Hang in there. (Hugs).