Thursday, September 06, 2012

I Am Ready For Friday

I come home exhausted everyday. I am so ready for the weekend. We start soccer games Saturday. I have loads and loads of laundry that seem to just repopulate every time I turn my back. I hate redundant chores and that is so redundant!

G is struggling in school. 3rd grade is hard. She won't listen to me either. She really needs to talk to her teacher. She made a B on a math test that the teacher took with the kids on the smart board. The teacher went over the test twice. That is like an open book test but better. G made a B on it. Really?!?!?!?

She said the teacher went too fast. the teacher wrote me a note on the back of the test and said the test was taken by her on the smart board so the kids could take the test with her. I wrote back in the agenda of my death book that G does not feel comfortable to raise her hand to ask her to slow down. The teacher responded that I needed to speak to G about it.

Then she made some mistakes that she knew better. She said she just didn't pay attention. I warned her that missing questions that were truly hard was very different than missing questions for not paying attention. I told her that the ones she knew but missed anyway will always make her grade lower when she also misses the ones she doesn't quite understand. Her answer, "so."

I warned her that even home school (she wants to do next year via internet) she would still need to pay attention and get the ones right she knows how to do and then if she misses the ones that she doesn't it will be okay, just something to work on. G goes way too fast on homework and tests.

She is too reserved to ask over and over again as well especially if her teacher has ever (even in G's mind) scolded her for asking. Maybe I need to meet with the teacher. There really isn't enough room to write in the agenda of my death book. Have I mentioned how much I loathe this book?

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

(sigh) I think, unfortunately, there is no perfect school situation for our kids you know? Lottie would never raise her hand in a million years and "talking to her about it" would not change anything:) Big hugs Miss G....we are cheering for you!!!!