Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Is Next Week

We still have so much to be thankful for in this country.  There are men and women willing to serve and protect our foundational principles even though their leaders don't seem to understand the idea of integrity.  Thank you, US Military.

I still have a job for now and a possible side thing.  Though the side thing hasn't yet come through.  And people do see my capabilities but are unsure of how to use me in the best way.

My mom has not been alone much this week.  We saw her Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues.  My sis came and stayed last night and my mom's sis is coming today through Sat.  Dad will be back Sunday so this week is almost over and things will go more normal for her.

G is doing well in school if I can only get her motivated to start and finish one chapter book at a time. Her eyes are much bigger than her actual capabilities and she tends to start books then it takes pulling teeth to get her to finish one. 

So I am so glad for two days off though I may not get paid but that also means I don't have to drive and spend the gas to go anywhere.  My shopping for Christmas will be on-line and not during all this black friday mess because that is way WAY TOO stressful for me.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I hate shopping too. Hoping you have a peaceful Thanksgiving, and much to be grateful for. (Hugs).