Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy 2013

A lot of the blogs I am reading seem to have the most positive outlook but for some strange reason I have a sense of foreboding and dread for this year. Republicans have lost what it means to be conservative on both spending and taxes and have allowed the Democrats to run roughshod over them and over the nation. Enough about that though. Last night G was determined to stay up until midnight. She was so determined to do so she took a slow long shower, we read a whole chapter in the Hobbit and then we started the movie. She agreed to watch Pride and Prejudice because had she watched the whole thing she would have seen midnight. Alas, at 9:57 pm she gave up and fell asleep. I who was almost as determined not to stay up watched the whole 1st DVD which ended at 12:30 am. So we slept a bit later today since I am off work and G is still out of school and other than laundry which is never ending, we will watch movies and play all day. I hope my feelings mentioned above are purely hormonal but sometimes the gut instinct is difficult to ignore. I will put those feelings on the back burner until at least tomorrow.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I have the same feelings, but am trying to be optimistic. It won't last.....