Monday, April 22, 2013

Nine Years Old; Going on 30, heh

For her birthday lunch she chose pizza and rosemary potatoes.  She made her pizza into a star shape.  Since we made cake pops for her cake the candle had to go in the pizza.  We celebrated with my parents and G had the best birthday (her words) getting everything she wanted.  The legos were a hit.  She also loved her punching bag which is now waiting on the back porch to be fixed.  Seems she punched the air out of it, literally

The bag was inexpensive but the next price point for a "better" bag is $80 more than I paid for this one.  So I think it is worth saving.  I will have to duct tape the seam to hold it together and instead of balancing it with water, get sand.  Of course I can't do anything until the weekend or maybe start working on it tomorrow and Thursday.

I could hear lots of giggles while she and grammie finished the cake pops because of course they did not go was well as the box suggested they would and I quit.  Of course it didn't help that I didn't follow the instructions exactly.  Lesson learned.  I was in a hurry to get them done so I could take a nap.  In retrospect I should have taken the nap then gotten up to finish them.  G though enjoyed the process of the making rather than the eating of the cake pops anyway.  For her the participation in making everything is what makes her birthday special. 

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday to Miss G...I can't believe she is already 9!