Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The Continuing Dell Saga

I hate Dell. If you will reminisce with me a moment to understand the full frustration here.  On March 23, 2013, I attempted to order ink from Dell though I swore I would never EVER order anything from them again.  Apparently, Dell recommends only Dell ink, and since I am a big chicken and don't wish to order anything that might harm my only printer that caused so much frustration last year at time of purchase, I attempted to order via Dell.  I only wished to order as a guest without attempting to log into the account because we all know that could be very bad indeed to log into an old account.

I received back an order ID and separately an e-mail from Dell that said basically: we see your order and when it is processed we will send a confirmation and a shipment date.  This morning I checked on the order that should have been here 3x over.  No luck; no order. 

I opt for the chat because it is early and I apparently like my blood pressure to spike in the wee hours of the morning before school/work.  The order, apparently, did not "push through," her words.  The customer service rep asked me if I wished to order this morning and honestly I just didn't have time.  Then she called me.  Irritating.  I don't have my ink and if anyone can tell me if I can get ink for my Dell printer anywhere else please let me know because if I can not buy anything from them ever again I will be so very happy!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I am so sorry you are having problems with them! I have no idea, but if you have time later, you may want to look at some office supply stores webpage (Office Max?) to see if they carry what you need. I think you can even refill the cartridges for less (Costco does that).