Tuesday, July 02, 2013

As I Expected...

G was pretty wired and very talkative.  It took at least 7 requests from me for her to get ready for a bath before she complied, energetic, just all over the place.  I understood that she had lots to tell me and let her talk quite a bit in bed before again pointing out that she needed to go to sleep because I still had to go to work.  We had a good dinner with her telling me the highlights of her trips and interactions with her cousins and aunts and uncles.  More to come as the days go by, I'm sure. 

She decided to not wear her hair pulled back in a hair band for the whole two weeks she was away.  So when I saw her she had her hair down which isn't that big of a deal but it made her look so much older!!  Two weeks seemed to make her grow too fast.  Oh and my dad allowed her to wear her hair down and stringy in her face although when I was young and had long hair that was not an option with either my mom or dad.  Just to show how much more mellow grandparents can be.

So today she is back at my parents house while I am at work.  We have plans for July 4 to pick blueberries.  She told me that she likes blueberries now because she tried them at her cousin's house.  I told her she could pick her own gallon to eat when we go.  I will be using what I pick for either jelly/jam and syrup for my coffee because I am selfish like that, hah.

The art opening reception was very nice.  Not many people but finally I took a picture of G with her art teacher.  So glad I had the opportunity as at the gallery opening I forgot to do that totally!  But the picture has my G looking much to old for me with her hair down.  I will probably not post the pic because I didn't get permission.  She had her pic taken again by the newspaper man.  I have no idea if it will be put in the paper or if it was just for historical record keeping.

Thankful to have a job that pays holiday pay and looking forward to the holiday. 


2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Awww...they are really growing so fast, aren't they? So glad she had so many fun things to tell you! Have a wonderful holiday!

Sharon Henning said...

What a nice blog. I think it's great that you've adopted. I've always wanted to do that, but God hasn't fit that into His plans for me yet.