Thursday, July 11, 2013

Through Messin' with the Look

I was tired of the pink. I had to get rid of it and wanted just a simple blog look. So back to blue. Pretty, hmmm?

I have been following the zimmerman trial at Legal Insurrection. I have a bad feeling about the outcome though I am praying for a not guilty verdict. This is a true travesty of justice. Hindsight is always 20/20, sure after the fact one could argue Zimmerman could have done lots of different things but in the moment with the history of what had happened in the neighborhood and the fact that one of the teenagers who had participated in the home invasion earlier was out of jail during this time and the injuries incurred by Zimmerman at the hands of Trayvon, there is no way he had another option in the moment.

I just don't believe that you should convict someone based on what they could have done after all feelings of fear have subsided. In the moment with the totality of all the facts show a true self defense in fear for his life. Did you know that you never have to be touched in order to defend yourself; all that is required is a perception of fear?

It will be interesting to see what will happen. I fear for Zimmerman either way. He will never be safe. Someone will justify themselves and attempt to kill him for no other reason than to please this DOJ and administration (though I don't believe that the DOJ nor the administration would want that). His whole family will be in danger until enough time has gone by to allow feelings to cool. Could take up to 20 years.

Anyway, I am praying for the situation. I am praying for Zimmerman specifically. The prosecution has been truly evil by keeping all of Zimmerman's family on their witness list thereby keeping them out of the courtroom for the duration of the trial. They have argued the defense case almost better than the defense. Like I said, very interesting trial.

The arguments right now are over the court instructions. The state knows they can't get a conviction on 2nd degree murder because there was no malice so they want 2nd degree or manslaughter which is a conviction of a lesser degree.

Anyway, this is what has been on my mind lately. I am praying Zimmerman will be found not guilty of all charges. I pray he has gotten a fair trial though some who were interviewed for the jury had spite and bad intentions by wanting to be on the jury. I hope that if any came in that mindset that the trial has most definitely changed their mind.

No comments: