Tuesday, September 03, 2013

43 Things Post

Yep, 43 years ago today I graced this world with my presence, heh. So in honor of my 43 birthday, which is not a milestone except that I am still here, I will list 43 of my favorite things (in no particular order other than the things I can remember or am currently thinking about).

1) Vanilla and blueberry flavors

2) picking blueberries

3) Creamy vanilla coffee the color of light tan (not watered down)

4) travelling to historical places

5) museums

6) books

7) Scrabble on the Kindle 3G

8) movies at home

9) Bookstores particularly if there is a sale

10) journals

11) nice new notebooks/sketch books

12) brand new crayons

13) office supply magazines (yes, I know I am weird)

14) my daughter's bedroom (it just looks so cozy, I don't understand why she doesn't spend time in there)

15) the color blue

16) ice cold water with cucumbers or orange slices or lemons

17) people watching

18) painting walls (which is why I am so disappointed that I had more ideas than money on the whole painting the house thing)

19) having no pets in the house (I love the idea of pets but not the actual care of pets)

20) Getting older (yes I really do like getting older not necessarily the aches and pains that come with it)

21) pictures and photo albums

22) the idea of big families (I personally would not like to be the mom of a big family but I love seeing big families. I know my own limitations)

23) Fresh mowed grass (really though, who doesn't?)

24) church the current one and the one we moved from and my current Sunday School class members

25) singing in the choir even though I am not good at it.

26) the internet even though bad things can be found there I love the access to the world

27) news (good or bad) I love reading news

28) Duck Dynasty (no explanation necessary)

29) HGTV and Food Network

30) hanging out with my parents watching country music or southern gospel music shows

31) modern homes

32) running (even though I have not been able to get back into it for a long time)

33) oil painting (again, haven't made time to do this)

34) fine dining experiences

35) G's artwork (it is all over my house)

36) babies between 9 months and 3 years old (I like bigger kids too but this would be my fav age)

37) almost any musical, opera or play

38) dinner dates (though I haven't been on one in almost 10 years which is why I probably like them. Must just the the idea of dinner dates)

39) visiting the zoo

40) history, even the grim parts (if you don't know your history you are doomed to repeat it)

41) texting so I don't have to speak to anyone

42) naps particularly on Sunday

43) spending time with my G

There you have it. This won't be an annual list because I probably won't remember to do a list next year. There are of course lots of things left off but these are the things I was thinking of today.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!

Vivian M said...

Happy 43rd birthday!!