Monday, October 28, 2013

This year, thanks to a shirt of mine getting torn, G transformed into a zombie. Of course, like a good mom, I also sacrificed a favorite pair of yoga/paint/mowing pants to the halloween costume.



Of course I think she is a cute little zombie. After I adjusted the clothing with rips, she and I took them outside to smear them in the dirt and grass. I messed up her hair and then added leaves and a spider for an extra jolt of ick. One time, a long time ago, like last year, I had some green blemish cover stuff. Of course when I went to look for it to give G that green pallor, I couldn't find it. See this is the stuff that causes me to be a hoarder because every time I get rid of something I end up needing it.

Anyway, there weren't a lot of trunks this year which is fine by me because I believe we have enough candy from last year still at the house. Next year I have to remember to do a trunk or treat too not just take G but set something up. One of our pastors have twin baby boys they dressed up as bears and then put a baby gate over the back of their minivan. The mom wore a zoo vest and hat and had a sign that said, Please do not feed the bears. It was totally cute.

So that was our Sunday afternoon. After we came home, my dad texted to let me know my great aunt, my dad's mom's youngest sibling, had passed. She is in a better place. She lived to see her 90s. We celebrated her last birthday this past May and we had a good turn out. I will not be able to go to the viewing or funeral which will be in the middle of the day in the middle of the week out of town. Death is so inconvenient, particularly to those left behind. She, however, is in glory, not inconvenienced in the least. She is having a glorious reunion with her Lord and family!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Our sincere condolences on the loss of your Great Aunt.

Great zombie outfit! (I especially loved the flip flops!). ;o)