Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Christmas Time?

Friday night G and I picked out our first live/cut Christmas tree. Last year we had a norfork pine which I ended up hating and let die in the back yard. Plus it was a table top. Before that we have had a painting that doubled as a tree and a fake tree that somehow some outside animal managed to use as a bathroom in the shed.
So the weather was planning on turning nasty for the weekend. I had looked at trees near my work but they were $50. G and I were planning to buy one on Saturday morning but like I said the weather was turning nasty and I wanted a dry tree. Friday night I told G we would go to the next town to see if the lot was open. It was and we looked for a tree. G wanted the first picture but I pointed out the ornaments would get lost in the tree. Yes, G is in a t-shirt which just seems so very wrong. The tree we bought was $19. So very lucky to get that one at that price. Funny thing is that my aunt used to get this type tree all the time and we made fun of it calling it a charlie brown tree.
Dad had given or loaned me the tree stand. It was heavy but we got it in the stand up straight. Friday night we left it alone. Candycane our Elf didn't leave it alone; he plopped right in the middle of it. Anyway, Saturday we started decorating. I had buy new multicolored lights for G. I actually couldn't find any of my clear lights at first, and I forgot to put the silver ball garland on it too. The clear lights and garland were in a box I failed to search. But the two places had Christmas decorations at up to 50% off so we bought lights for the tree.

I was so excited to see my ornaments that had not been out for 4 or 5 years. G and I compared ornaments she made as a preschooler. It was just so much fun!!  See that tiny paper hand up to G's hand now.  Ah, the memories. Even the topper is a memory.  The red star was our families star on our tree until my mom bought an angel with fiber optic wings.  Personally, I like the star better. 
And I have no idea why I have 6 stockings for real. But we put them all up. Also, as you can see we never got around to painting or for that matter deciding so the paint samples are still on the wall!
Even ginormous pink bear got in on the action. Can you see the elf in the tree? The next night he hung out in a stocking. Today we found him hanging on to the door knob. Not sure what he will be doing tomorrow but then he leaves until next year.
Here is another table decorated for the holidays. That screaming with Santa picture is my favorite. That was G's second Christmas home. The first year she totally and completely adored Santa. After this year however she was very fearful for the next 4 or 5 years.  I don't have pictures but the top of the piano has a nativity scene as well.  I might post that later. The weather now is much more like Christmas, meaning cold.  I might have a chance to post this week but we will see. If not, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Your tree is beautiful! Love your holiday decorations!