Monday, April 21, 2014

Awesome Weekend of Doing NOTHING!

Well, nothing for us means the norm:  grocery shopping and laundry on Saturday and Church on Sunday. We did plant some marigolds and geraniums as well.  G had the day off from school on Friday so she had spent the night with my parents.  Our boss on Friday gave us have a day off so I headed to mom's and promptly took a well needed nap.

Saturday and Sunday after our normal, we watched Harry Potter movies.  Well, G watched the movies while I took a nap on the couch on Sunday.  We did manage to clean the kitchen and weed the patio Saturday. Yes, weeding the patio which is made of bricks and has weeds growing up between them.

G did most of the work on the patio.  She didn't even argue when I asked  her to do it.  We also made bread sticks on Saturday before working on the patio.  The were pretty tasty, and we still have some left.  I guess we were busier than I remember, but we were home with no outside obligations.  This coming weekend will be one of mowing the grass.

Sunday morning worship was a celebration in music and preaching.  It was as it should always be, we stand in His resurrection power.  It was a packed house as well.  Sad that those who fill the pews on Easter Sunday and Christmas only don't feel the need to return every Sunday.  The resurrection celebration should be an every Sunday event, maybe even a daily event.

We are watching the Harry Potter movies as G finishes a book because it would confuse her on her AR test, that is how different the movies are from the books.  So we have watched up through #4.  We are currently reading book 5 together.  G mostly falls asleep while I read to her.  Since we can't move to movie #5 until this book is done, we watch the other 4 over and over again.

We both are suffering from allergies.  G is so congested.  Thankfully, she is not running a fever.  Tomorrow is her birthday.  She doesn't want to turn 10, yes she told me this morning when I reminded her that today is her last day at age 9.  Secretly, I don't want her to either, but it is better than the alternative of not growing at all.

Her class is also going on a field trip on her birthday.  I am taking G and two friends on an overnight to see a national treasure for her birthday.  I have no card, no cake, no other gift to give her tomorrow.  I will sing happy birthday to her, and that is about it.  We will celebrate in a few weeks just due to time schedule conflicts.

Work is going well.  My fears are dissipating some.  I am doing what I can to save money just in case.

Since the Easter Bunny is not a thing at our house; I gave G a new green chunky Bible for Easter along with two boxes of the Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Beans from the Harry Potter movies.  She ate one box yesterday and yes she ate the vomit, dirt, earthworm, earwax, and soap flavors.  Gross!

That is our weekend re-cap.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I love busy unplanned weekends! Even though there is always something to do around the house, it's relaxing to know I can do it whenever I feel like it instead of on a schedule. Thankful work is better, but still praying for stability! And Happy belated Easter and birthday to Miss G!