Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Disappointment

The Biore didn't work on G as I had hoped.  It also made her cry when she took it off.  I kept telling her to rip it off like a bandaid and that she was prolonging the pain but she would look at me, cry then laugh.  She told me never again.  I told her I concurred. It does work on me because I have moon graters for pores. 

G woke up and argued with me about it being April Fool's day because our calendar doesn't have it printed on the day.  I use the word "argue" loosely, since I didn't respond.  I told her that I had thought of some April Fool's to pull on her, but then thought better because it might make her mad and argumentative.  Lo and behold I was on target, as she would have been both.

I am still very insecure in my job.  I don't think that will ever go away.  There are lots of whisperings around and that just is not a good sign for anyone. I am not going to worry about it because I know God will provide.  I just wish I could get to the point of feeling more secure.

In other news, I was thinking of taking G and some friends to Blanchard Springs Caverns for her birthday.  I remember going when I was a child and thinking how cool it would be for this milestone bday.  First problem was the timing since her bday is after Easter this year.  Now it looks like with a breakout of white nose syndrome it may not be worth going. I mean the caverns could be closed which would totally defeat the reason to drive forever and a day to see it.  It would have been an over night stay but there is no guarantee the cavern will be open when we go.  I will have to talk to her again about it.  I need to book it now to make sure we have a room and to give the parents notice and information about it.  Maybe it is just not meant to be this year.

Weekend recap, movies, dinner with my aunts on Sunday, not much spring cleaning, and a nap on Saturday.  Other than that, nothing to report.  Loving the spring weather.  Glad it is finally here.  I did run over a squirrel Saturday.  Of course I didn't intend to but the dumb thing tried to cross the road where my car was.  To my way of thinking it wasn't much of a loss.  We are currently over run by squirrels.

Mom is doing well.  She started a tai chi class at the Y since the pool is down.  She has actually lost weight and slimmed her waistline down quite a bit.  I hope it is exercise and not because of medicine.  She has been doing water aerobics since August but the appearance of dramatic weight loss is a bit (teeny tiny bit) worrisome. 

That is all the news in our lives for now.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Ouch....just wait until it's time for waxing!
Glad your Mom is feeling better and exercising, but keep an eye on her weight loss and let the doctor know about it.
Good luck on the trip, sounds like fun!
(And will pray for job stability).