Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy 10th Birthday, G!!

Yesterday when I woke her up she said she didn't want to be 10, nor did she want to acknowledge the day.  I said, "Easy peasy, I haven't gotten anything, no gifts, no cake, nothing to do or give so and we can ignore your birthday if you wish."

Last night however, she said, "Mama, I want you to acknowledge my birthday, so you can sing your song."

And sing I did, loudly and off key just as that song requires and with a high note at the end.  What a way to wake up to being 10 years old.  She had her favorite breakfast, grits with butter, pepper, and cheese on top, bacon and hot chocolate with a mint jack straw in it.  I even let her blow out a candle though the singing candle holder no longer sings, harrumph!

Then I performed surgery on her too tight school shirt so it didn't feel like it was choking her too badly and off to school she went.  We may or may not have cupcakes, that will depend on if my parents get them or I get them.  Right now, no one is offering, heh.

Actually, since my parents pick her up after school I told G to ask them to take her to get a birthday cake/cupcakes and balloons.  She hasn't asked for anything since I am taking her and two friends to the caverns soon.  I don't know if my parents have or have not gotten her anything either.  I will know soon enough.

I took a picture of her last night on her last night of being 9 and she said, "You know I won't look any different, right?"  I told her she may truly look different particularly clean after getting home from karate, heehee.  I took an early morning picture of her today, and will try to remember to post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday G! I cannot believe she is 10! Time flies to quickly!

Vivian M said...

Happy, happy 10th birthday Miss G!!!