Friday, May 09, 2014

This Weekend

I mentioned to my mother that I wanted to take her to lunch and a movie on Saturday.  Then I heard my daughter say, "I like movies."

I looked at her and agreed that movies are good.  I told my mom about where I wanted to take her and my daughter piped up, "I like that restaurant."

I looked at her, with dawning realization, and said, "Good for you.  You are not going.  You will be staying here with Grandaddy and I will pay you $10 to wash and clean our car.  We will take Grammie's car out." She didn't like her options, needless to say.

She has been punishing me all week for it.  The movie wouldn't interest her I don't believe.  I think she would make the whole thing about her or at least ruin it for me. After seeing this I most definitely wish this to be just me and my mom while she has some of her memory and ability.

So on this weekend hug your mum.  Celebrate her or her memories with your family close.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Hope you had a nice time with your mom. My grandmother suffered with Alzheimer's - it is a really difficult disease. My family always cherished when my grandmother was "in the moment." Hope you had some really good girl time today!

Vivian M said...

Enjoy as much quality time as you can with your family! Life can change in a heartbeat.
Happy Mother's Day!