Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day Post

Well, my dad doesn't read my blog which is all well because we see each other a lot so there is no need.  G and I spent the afternoon with my parents Sunday.  I made rosemary potatoes from some red potatoes my dad had.  I made some on Saturday evening slicing thinly 3 of them which G ate for supper.  Yes she ate all 3 potatoes I fixed.  I forgot to add the garlic to them only remembering it on Sunday at my dad's who didn't even have any garlic.

I have discovered a secret to making crispy potatoes and that is to soak the raw potatoes in ice water over night, rinse and repeat.  If I can get one good soak I will be fine.  I found that tip somewhere on the internet about making crispy French fries like McDs.  If I had the link still I would share it.  I don't, but Bing or Google can always help.

I really think G was more excited about having rosemary potatoes than anything else.  We gave dad the emergency weather radio and after looking briefly at it, it may be more trouble than it is worth.  But all in all this weekend was a successful weekend.  I was able to get the yard mowed and a nap after lunch on Sunday.

My mom's face looks really good, there is some slight bruising which will get worse as the healing process goes on or maybe will look worse not actually get worse.  She is going to stop taking the medicine for Alzheimer's because it makes her sick even now in the low dosages.  If the medicine was holding off the progression then not taking it will obviously allow it to progress.

Today is Monday again, one day of work down, 4 more to go.  Living for holidays and weekends now but at least I have a job!!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Happy Father's Day to your daddy! Glad to hear your mom is healing. I will check out your potatoe tip!