Monday, June 30, 2014

G's Friday Night Fun

G has had a really big weekend.  She spent the night at a newish friend's home with two other girls.  All of them right now into Harry Potter.  This little girl had a Harry Potter Movie-thon.  They actually watched all of the movies 1-4 from 6pm Friday to 1-ish pm on Saturday.  G said she fell asleep around 2:30am.  She was very tired Saturday and even she stayed longer to swim.  I picked her up around 3pm.

G had a loose tooth with one coming in literally on top of it.  We both agreed that having it fall out at her friend's would not be a good thing.  G said, "I know, if it comes out I will just not believe in the tooth-fairy tonight so she won't come but believe again tomorrow."

When the mom texted to let me know I just asked her to inform G that I contacted the tooth-fairy just in case and she would come when G was ready.  Needless to say, the tooth-fairy made a visit Saturday night bringing G some money to take to her cousin's this week.  Two birds + one stone = killed, heh.

Anywho, she is hanging with my parents today.  I asked my dad to re-teach her how to ride a bike.  She claims to have forgotten.  G said to me this morning that grandad had asked last week if she wanted to learn and she told him no, so he didn't make her.  I informed my dad today when I dropped G off that the answer to his question about riding the bike is not "no" but "get your behind out here and learn it again." thankyouverymuch...

I couldn't believe he didn't make her ride.  That to me seems like a no brainer, every child should be given the opportunity to learn to ride a bike and she is no exception.  She of course complained and said that she doesn't have any siblings to ride with like I had growing up (which we didn't play together) so it isn't fun for her.  I used to ride my bike all around the yard by myself not with siblings.

Somehow G has a theory that my childhood was so very great because I had siblings to play with all the time.  Never mind that the age difference didn't really work in our favor to be friends at any given time and that we didn't really play together.  Mostly, we fought and got yelled at for doing so.  Anyway, I know for a fact that my older sister would have much preferred being an only child, and sometimes I feel like an only child now (I know that is my fault).  Because of her wrong-headed theory, she decides to sit on the sidelines, so to speak, instead of entertaining herself.

Well, this week for two nights, anyway, she gets to be a sister, practically a twin, to my cousin's daughter.  Hopefully they will have a good time.  Next week, if things go well this week, that cousin will come to spend two nights with G at my parents house.  We will see how that works.  I think they will be fine together at both places.  Getting this cousin home though next week might cause a dilemma.  I won't stress about it yet.

So short week this week, YEAH!  Needing sleep very badly.  I just don't do well on 6 or less hours of sleep, never have.  G turns out is a night owl.  Me, totally a morning person.  I think God is having a laugh about this family pairing ; }

About that family pairing?  We celebrate 9 years as a family coming up this July 25th.  Nine years home will be August 5th or 8th.

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Sounds like G had a great weekend! I love Harry Potter movies.

I can't believe you are going to celebrate 9 years as a family! Amazing!

Vivian M said...

Sounds like an awesome sleepover! Good luck with the cousin, I am sure it is going to work out great. Kerri thinks a lot like Miss G, I think that is typical of only children.
9 years went by so fast! Our anniversary is coming up next week!
Hope you can nap and catch up on your sleep! And yes, G-d has a sense of humor. ;)