Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pictures of the Painted Rooms and G conversations

Sounds like a title of importance but it isn't.  I took these this morning with the cell phone thus the not very good color.

this is in the dining room

from living room looking into the dining room, both colors together

both the above pictures are of the same part of the wall. The glare is actually the sun peaking through the trees. The shoe chair is G's and goes well with the blue color.

The truest to the blue is the one with the chair in it and the one with both the blue and green colors in it.  That goes also for the green. The truest color from the camera to the actual color on the wall is the two colors together.

Now on to the more mundane things in life.  I cleaned the coils of the fridge last night.  That has always been a job of my dad's at my mom's house, so I never really thought about doing it or needing to do it.  Yes I realize I am well into  my 40s and that should be a common sense thing, but I am an out of site out of mind kind of person.  Until it affects me in my conscious knowledge I let it slide without even realizing it.  And oh how I bemoan the necessity of repetitive tasks like mopping, sweeping, dusting; I don't mind laundry or dishes so much but the others, UGH!

All that to say, I think though my freezer is trying to burn up because of the lack of attention I have paid to the coils.  It is so very hot around the edges where the door meets the base.  My dad suggested cleaning the coils, so I will mark a 6 month redo on that and try to keep up with it.  I had long haired pets you know for way too long.  Hopefully that will work, and my freezer won't burn up.

But I cleaned it and moved it and now I know I can move it when we get ready to paint the kitchen in Sept.  I really thought that when my dad put it in I wouldn't be able to move it again.  Yes I am still very naive or maybe just agnostic (don't know-don't want to) about many things.  I am looking forward to getting the kitchen in a better shape since the other two rooms are painted.

I managed to get the yard mowed yesterday because the temps were so very cool that I was even cold before getting my shower last night.  The yard looks really good now except on the patio that has its own yard growing through the bricks despite my spraying it with weed killer not 1 but 3 times and again last night.  This weekend will be a cleaning up of the weeds.

G will be home tonight.  She spends 2 nights with my parents typically and everyday with them unless there is a camp or treat.  It helps me and I think it keeps my mom even keeled.  She really obsesses about G when G isn't there so next week may be hard for mom.  G has her Hogwarts camp next week.  She will spend the afternoons with me at work.  Pray I can keep her busy and she won't be in the way.  So thankful that I can bring her to work with me as long as she behaves.

I also found out that a woman, with whom I work, has a daughter who is in school for dental hygiene and will clean G's teeth for like $10 including x-rays.  So I cancelled for the second time her dentist appt (they understood) and will now take her Monday afternoon for a cleaning.  They also charge $3 for sealant but I am praying G won't need it.  Overall, G's teeth are healthy but she hasn't much room and she forgets to floss regularly.  Or rather she regularly forgets to floss.  Even with the sealant, this will save me around $75.

When I told G about it she incredulously said, "I don't want someone who's not a professional messing with my teeth!!!"  Bwahahahahahahahaha, seriously I couldn't contain the laugh.  It seriously was the funniest thing coming from her.  I thought what in the devil does she know about a professional?

I think this student has 8 more weeks of school but she will and can trade us off to another student and we both can go for cheep cleanings/x-rays.  The dentist who supervises can make referrals for more work to be done.  I am praying there won't be any.  I personally need a good cleaning but I also need a crown and don't wish to put the money out for it yet.

Anyway, that is the news and update in the M house.

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

The rooms look great! Bri has the same shoe chair - except it is pink and black zebra stripe!

Hope G has a ton of fun at her camp!

Vicki said...

Amazing thinking from Miss G!! Ha....professional v student.
Go go with paint. I've nevah painted a wall in my life.
Thanks for checking in on our blog.

Vivian M said...

Wow what a difference, it looks like a new house! Love the colors, you both did a fabulous job painting!
As for the coils....ignorance is bliss. I had no idea until I read your blog that I even had to do anything behind the fridge. Thanks!
Hope Miss G likes Hogwarts camp, sounds like fun! And yay on saving money at the dentist!