Thursday, August 28, 2014

Changed My Mind

About posting the ALS challenge videos because in an effort to remain somewhat anonymous there were too many details in the video to change that. Plus I didn't have permission to do so from the company though our company put it up on their website.

That Friday afternoon when I came home G told me that she heard about a friend of hers doing it so she wanted to also do the challenge.  Sunday we made her video and I accidentally used her full name so now I can't put that one up either.  Then I told her she had to donate and she looked at me like I had 3 heads.  She did donate and I added a note to say the donation may not be used on embryonic stem cells.  That will I am sure be ignored but I found out that one of the big research giants getting the money does do that after I committed to participating.  So, there's that...

In other news, I am applying for a position close to home and would appreciate your prayers.  There are formal interviews to complete but I do not have a good feeling about it.  Yes, I can do the job and do it well.  However, I am obviously not the only one that can do so.  I also do not wish to feel slighted or overly disappointed if I do not get the position.  It would be absolutely ideal for my and G's situation but it would also be ideal for another of the interviewees that I know of.

I think we are going to paint the kitchen this long labor day weekend if I can stand the mess in the kitchen through Sunday.  There is just something about a disordered kitchen that I can't stand.  At least within my little cooking/prep area I need it to be organized.  Some of the other areas I can have out of order a bit.  I am so tired, totally my fault, but my being tired may not make this painting thing go well.  And the whole Monday holiday is hurting.  I need the days to be together because Sunday is a day of rest so for at least until after my nap no work will be done, heh.  We will get it done.

I am also taking my mom for her hair cut because she wants one and my dad's response to her was, "you don't need one."  So I made her appt and will pick her up and take her.  Basically, all this to say, no late night movie in bed on Friday because early Saturday is a requirement.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Wishing you the very best of luck on your upcoming interview (positive thinking here!)!
Good luck painting!
(And kudos to you both for doing a good deed).