Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Difficult Morning for Day 3

WOW!  So somehow I forgot to turn my alarm on last night on top of G going into tail spin and getting my FULL ATTENTION in a way she didn't necessarily want.  Then around 9 pm I had decided to forgo reading in order to sleep.  I have been more than tired this week. (I do know why but can't do anything about it really).  So as the lights were off I said something to G since I knew she wasn't asleep and that opened up a long narrative from her about school from which I concluded it's not all bad.

Of course I knew it wasn't but because she suddenly needed to tell me everything, neither of us fell asleep until 10 or so, and I forgot to turn on the alarm. At 6:43 this morning I realized the lateness of the hour and the missed alarm.  We both apparently needed the sleep though it just causes me full panic when I do that.

So I made her get up and get dressed as I fixed her cereal and bacon, as she needs protein in the morning for school, and I frantically got us out the door on time.  She pointed out to me that we weren't late while I was taking her to school but my anxiety was still racing even then.

Normally the weekday routine is that I get up at 6 a.m., fix my breakfast and get hers fixed all the while enjoying a quiet 30 or more minutes of uninterrupted reading of the news headlines for the day.  Then when her breakfast is ready usually about 6:40 a.m. or 6:45 a.m. I wake her up and give her 20 mins to eat.  Then while she is eating breakfast I make lunches and clean the kitchen.  Usually after we are both ready for school/work, G will have about 20 mins or so to play on-line games and me 20 mins to drink coffee.

When I lose 43 minutes in the morning I am an anxious wreck.  Yes, we could readjust the schedule to always wake up later, but I think we both generally enjoy the time before we leave to play or drink coffee.  She has p.e. today so she was forced to wear tennis shoes.  It took her a while to get the shoes just right as far as looseness is concerned.  I mean she has been practically barefooted all summer, shoes are so constraining you know.

So that was our morning. She has GAs tonight.  I have choir.  We meet back at home and hopefully she will have her homework completed and her 30 min reading done.  Wednesday nights are the longest night of the week for us.

Now our office has been given the ALS challenge.  It is set up for this Friday and as soon as a video is posted I will post the link.  I agreed to participate and donate.  We have a matching donation from work.  Thankfully, the temp outside will be so hot that the ice water will be welcome.  A lady with whom I went to church had ALS.  I have lost touch with the family but when I knew her she was already in a wheel chair without the ability to speak.  Every Sunday night from the time of her diagnosis, a faithful group would pray for her.  It is such a terrible disease so this is a worthy cause.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Wow, the weekend can't come soon enough! Good luck with the ice bucket challenge, I think it is awesome.