Thursday, October 16, 2014

Over the Hump Day

We had a fairly relaxing weekend due to soccer games being cancelled for rain.  I enjoyed not having to go out and about this weekend.  Cleaned off the dining room table which for me is a big deal as that is usually dumping ground central.

And Wednesday on the interstate going home my car died.  Thankfully, I was able to pull to the side of the road.  It started again right as my dad answered his phone when I called.  But then sadly it died for good when I went home and started to leave again for choir practice.  Good think I went home first or I wouldn't have know the car wouldn't start before 7:30 when I was supposed to get G at GAs.

And thankfully, my dad didn't listen when I suggested he combine sell his 2 vehicles and purchase just one; because, for now I am driving his truck.  I am also praying desperately that I don't wreck it.

God was good enough (well He always is good) to get home home safely and get me off the interstate when it died without issue.  I am also praying the fix won't be significantly expensive.  I have spent over $1200 for the air conditioner earlier this year that I have yet to truly recover on top of our mini vacay coming up that is well with the timing of not being able to cancel it for refund, bummer.  Had this happened in Sept, I could have cancelled for full refund.  I truly do not have the money for anything big.

Of course going into the weekend knowing my car won't work is not actually comforting.  Thankfully the gas is going down in price.  This truck will take a lot to keep filled.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I had to chuckle about the dining room table, because in my house it is also the dumping ground. I thought we were the only ones!
Sorry to hear about your car, hope it is an inexpensive fix. But so very glad you were able to get home safe!