Thursday, January 15, 2015

double chin and all

Home with sickish child and after a trip to the wally world I made this top and two others. Here is the original website but I found the site from here first. No I don't have skinny jeans but I may go buy some black leggings.

The material actually cost $2.97 per yard and I bought 3 yards: 1 yard light grey, 1 yard dark grey and 1 this pretty blue. One of the yards was actually $1.97, but I don't know which was which. Literally all three shirts took me about an hour and half to make. G had to thread the needle for me because I am blind. I had to sew it by hand as I don't have a sewing machine and I didn't stitch around the neck. I plan on wearing these over colorful shirts for warmth.

G was doing homework because I picked her up after her math chunk test.  Yesterday she entered the world of women at the age of 10.  Trust me, this has been traumatic for me.  She has been rather stoic about it; however, I gave her the opportunity to stay home and learn how to deal with it before having to deal with it at school all day.  She took me up on it.  Plus I had nothing her size and she was so very uncomfortable using my products so we had to go purchase something just for her.

Oh and 10 is the youngest in the range of normal.  Basically, anywhere from 10-17 is acceptable.  We both wish it were closer to 17 rather than 10 but this is just as God ordained it.  To say it has been difficult for me was actually surprising to me too.  I called my dad to tell him he didn't need to pick her up from school and told him why I let her stay home.  Then I talked to my mom to tell her but when I heard her voice, I broke down.

Yes, I cried over my child going through this at the age of 10.  She just doesn't have a good understanding even though I have provided books that she refuses to read and have explained what it is and why.  I spoke with her school counselor who told me that several girls at this age already had started.  She said I was the 2nd mom this morning to let her know and that she agreed it is more traumatic on us parents.

Anyway, for all the worrying I did over precocious puberty I had hoped this would come after age 12, oh well.  Back to school and work tomorrow.  Good thing I have paid time off!



2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I don't blame you for crying at all. It is pretty early to have to deal with this situation. Sounds like you are doing a great job helping her accept and deal with it. Hang in there!

Vivian M said...

Poor Miss G and you both! We are dreading the day. I have tried to prepare our girl, but she doesn't want any part of it. Hoping the next few days get a bit easier for you both.
Nice shirt!