Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow Day

Of course around here it is more like a sleet/ice day.  Our office closed but I had already gotten G out of bed and myself ready to go before checking for a text, oops.  Plan initially was to take G to my dad's since she was off school anyway for President's Day, but as weather would have it, my company closed as well.  Weather people were warning folks to stay home if possible.

Now if the power will stay on, I will try desperately to enjoy this extra day with G.  Sometimes my day off and her day off don't look the same which frustrates me.  I think a day of movies and snuggles on the couch under piles of blankets sounds nice.  G however sees me watching her play minecraft on a tiny phone as a big hit.  She doesn't seem to understand that a.) I don't understand minecraft and b.) I can't see!

This weekend G scored twice in the first quarter of her basketball game.  One of those was off someone else's rebound and one was off her own rebound.  She also played defense fairly well.  Too bad her grandad and grammie weren't able to see her.  Hopefully she can repeat her skills next week.  The team even won.  The thing is, her team has made a 100% turn around from playing as 5 individual teams on the court to working together as 1 team with 5 players.  It has been a good experience and winning doesn't hurt, ;-)

This past week at our work conference the company gave a jellybox speaker to everyone in attendance.  It will work on bluetooth, about which I know nothing, and it will plug in to devices just like ear buds do.  The difference the speaker makes is absolutely unbelievable.  The first night we used it while watching a movie on the lap top.  From canned to surround sound (not really but close) was the difference.

The next day we watched the extended version of HP on the kindle fire HD and again amazing.  We wore the battery down and had to have it charging via laptop while watching.  The third movie we watched after the JB was already charged ran the battery down within an hour.  So I need to figure out how to make sure it stays charged for a movie.  So glad to have the JB and now just need to figure out how to keep it alive so to speak.

G has another loose tooth.  G has a head cold and lots of snot.  My sleep is so disturbed listening to her try to breathe.  I have snuck vicks salve on a tissue and shoved it around her face while she slept to help open her up.  She won't blow her nose even though it snaps, crackles and pops with snot.  What is it about 10 year olds and not blowing noses or washing faces or just caring for their general hygiene?  That is another story.

So nothing going on here today.  Now that we can't go anywhere I can think of a million places I need to go.  By the way, if anyone happens to have Peanuts valentine cards used or not used would you send them to me?  I have a project that requires Peanuts valentine cards.  G and I attempted to frame a square valentine Peanuts puzzle for her room in a rectangle frame.  I thought we could fill up the extra space with valentine cards.  The only problem is I didn't come up with this brilliant scheme until yesterday afternoon and haven't been back out to shop, plus Valentine's Day is over.  If so e-mail me at b d m 9 3 7 0 @ y a h o o . c o m . Remove the spaces.  Hopefully I will be able to find some this week after the ice melts.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I will check, I think we may have some Peanuts Valentine's Day cards.

Hope the power stayed on!

And hope Miss G gets well soon. Congrats on the team win and the two scoring shots!