Monday, April 20, 2015

Last 2 days of 10

G will soon be having a birthday.  She will turn the big 11.  Can't believe it, and yet I can.  She is beginning to realize that she will not see the majority, or any, of her friends from public school next year.  Some of those friends I am glad she won't see.  Some of those friends we will make effort to see and stay in touch.  I am still working out the details of getting her to and from the new school.

Totally missed an opportunity to get the yard mowed on Saturday then it rained really hard Sunday night.  This weekend the yard will need to be mowed and it will be so much more difficult.  You would think after all these years of learning lessons about procrastinating like this I would stop but you would be wrong.  Can't be mad at G when she says, "I'll do it in a minute," can I?

G finally found a new book series that ranks third in her lists of favorites.  Of course, Harry Potter is first and she said this new one or Narnia ties for third place.  I think second place for her are the Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  The new series she is reading is "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket.  My niece liked these books when they first came out too.

My mom is still in her decline phase. such an interesting disease.  She is in a lot of respects totally reverting to childhood.  Her responses to commercials are truly childlike.  She is going for a day trip tomorrow with some of her friends.  I offered to lay an outfit out for her but she said I didn't need to.  I advised her to wear a matching outfit and she asked me with whom should she match.  It is best to stay out of the way most of the time.

Summer is coming and the mosquitoes are already terrible.  The weather is cool and damp which is nice except for the mosquitoes.

I am hoping that I can keep the birthday surprise a surprise as I am not usually good at withholding surprises.  G told me though already that she wouldn't show her surprise.  She is right; she won't.  She rarely does.  She is as stoic as my dad which drives me crazy but it is her.

Off to get ready for bed...

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

I am sorry to hear your mom's illness is progressing. I pray for a cure, or at the very least a way to halt the progression.
I am married to a procrastinator. That's all I have to say. He has passed that trait on to our daughter. Ugh.
Good luck mowing!

Briana's Mom said...

I'm so sad to read about your mom and her illness. I watched my grandmother with the disease and it is so tough. My prayers are going out to all of you.