Saturday, May 09, 2015

Haven't Been Here for Awhile

Not much really going on.  G had a sinus infection and is left with sinus drainage.  Took her before school one day to a new clinic in town that is run by two nurse practitioners.  LOVED IT.  She was at school by 8am, not late.  The NP was so fast that it totally threw me into a confused state with paperwork left unfinished and not being able to concentrate.  I didn't hear what meds he was giving her other than an antibiotic.  That evening when I went to where he called it in for me I was surprised to hear there were 3 scripts.  It was fine to have that many I just couldn't focus on what he told me other than antibiotic for infection.

He prescribed a 1x day steroid, antibiotic and a antihistamine liquid that made G grumpy.  I don't have a Rx plan but I do have a discount card - generic, not specific to me.  The meds initially totaled over $70 for the three but when the pharmacy applied the discount card it dropped it to just over $40.  So pretty good huhn?  I carry my own insurance not through a company and it is not so much limited but more for catastrophic.  It is fully compliant with the obnoxious law.

So on day two of the meds I gave G the appropriate dose in the morning and then that evening, being distracted as I am getting us to bed and all I gave her another steroid.  I didn't even realize I had done it until we were in bed and the lights were off.  When I told her what I had done she said, "Will I die?"

I laughed and said, "I don't think so but I will tell you in the morning."  I was upset that I had done it and was much more careful after that.  I delayed her steroid by one day to even it all back out.  I am normally much more careful but this particular evening was on Wednesday and that day is just so busy anyway that I do get much more off schedule then.

I have a sinus something too but I refuse to go to the doc.  I am just going over the counter with it.  I don't think it is an infection and I have no fever.  I do have a severe headache today on top of my monthly pains so I feel pretty rotten today anyway.

It rained last night so I can't mow but the day is absolutely gorgeous.  I opened all the windows and can hear the birds outside so peacefully singing.  All of that is in competition with G singing or making random noises while playing legos and with my radio. I can now hear our church bells playing Come Thou Long Expected Jesus.  It's lovely.  It is absolutely lovely.  I haven't heard the testing of the tornado sirens yet.  I expect them to be along soon.

Thinking of making of pizza today for lunch.  I left the scallions off G's last time, I must remember to add them today.  Other than that, laundry.  I had a post in my head but have totally forgotten what I wished to write about.  I think from now on I will just pull up a word doc to type it then later post it to the blog. That way I won't necessarily forget unless I am in the car.

The school class choices came out for sixth grade.  G was funny about telling me what the counselor of the 6th-7th grade told them about moving up.  Since G isn't going there I had to sign it saying we were moving.  Anyway, I am glad her school is settled for next year.  I am still trying to work out the pickup but I have a summer to worry.  Work is still good.  I detest the drive but am so glad for a job and it isn't work's fault for the drive.  Yesterday on the way home I was just sure all the other driver's were out to get me, ;-}

Okay off to fix lunch now.


1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Hope both you and Miss G feel better real soon! Happy Mother's Day!