Friday, May 29, 2015

Not Around Much

Mostly due to G being on the computer when we are home and it is difficult to blog from the phone or tablet. This morning however, is the last award ceremony for G's public school attendance.  She is not out of school until June 2 although they are doing absolutely nothing.  Most of her friends aren't at school and those that are aren't in her class so she doesn't get to see them.  She wants to go to the end though because it is like "Fun Friday" everyday.

Memorial day was spent at home finishing the yard mowing which was interrupted on Sunday with a thunderstorm.  I also pulled weeds out of the iris bed and the flower bed in the front yard.

I have signed G up for a week of school about entrepreneurial skills using fashion as a focus.  She doesn't know about the fashion part yet.  She is not a fashion forward kid but I hope she learns from the business part enough to apply it to other parts of her life.

Today is the day I pay the rest of G's school tuition for next year.  I am still praying and thinking about how to get her home.  I am very hopeful that the doctor couple will take her to school for me everyday.  Getting her picked up however is the problem.

The state in which I work is contemplating shutting one of the bridges down for 9 months.  There are two bridges getting into and out of the city.  These are not insignificant roadways.  This will totally cripple businesses and individuals.  I am extremely afraid for my job.  I am the only one who lives in this state and works at the company or any of the properties.  Plus G will be farther way than ever from my job with additional traffic problems.  Nothing worked out with the businesses to which I applied.  Both companies were looking for part time.

I am a little stressed and not sleeping well, but we will make it.  I will get something figured out.

G also has vacation Bible school for one week and then spending the rest of the summer at my parents during the day.  I will have to limit her data usage and electronic usage to 3 hours a day or else that is all she will do and will cost me a fortune.  I wish I could convince her of the benefit of math and reading as an alternative to electronics.  Since I will be at work, I can't force her.

Anyway, off to see if she made straight As or will receive the reading award or what.  She was very concerned that her grandparents would be there, and they will.  That made her morning.


2 comments:

Ba Ba and Mommy said...

Hoping everything works out for you and G. You will love private school. We did. So different than public.

Take care.

Linda

Vivian M said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and hoping it works out. Congratulations to Miss G on completing this year and hopes she has a great summer vacation!