Friday, February 12, 2016

Either the Best or the Worst

Mother in the world that is.  G's school is out next week for family vacation or spring break, whatever.  Anyway, one of her friends and her friend's father are off to a fantastic, albeit short, vacation.  Wednesday, G was invited to go along and they left Thursday after school.  Yes it was that short of notice.  After speaking with the dad I was okay with letting her go.  Now however I am second guessing my decision which is showing up in my muscles across my neck and back.  I may not be able to move before the weekend is over. ; \

But I think she will have a great time and it is a once in a life time experience at no expense to me.  This father is very generous, and I am very thankful for the opportunity for her.  I have several people praying for her safety and traveling mercies.  They should be back either Sunday (very late) or Monday.  Oh and she took her own money for souvenirs, one of which will be an ornament for our Christmas tree this year.  She said she wants a t-shirt, ornament and something else that she hasn't seen yet.

Needless to say I have a quiet and lonely weekend ahead of me.  And all of my worst fears are popping in my head at random moments and my dreams.  I probably won't sleep well for the whole weekend until she is back.

I asked the dad if he minded being a pack mule for the two girls.  He said that he told his daughter that they had to at least speak to him during the trip in return for him taking them both, heh.

So after she is back I will update her total trip as relayed to me which may be short in detail.  If you think about it, please pray for safety for the three of them while there and on their return.  Thank you,

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Hopefully she will have had a good trip. I know you are worried, but I know she'll be fine. Saying a prayer for you and for her her :). Try to enjoy your quiet weekend