Saturday, February 27, 2016

Impromptu Mother Daughter Weekend

So this is my mom and me today while re-watching Mom's Night Out

This is G and me last night at the hockey night which theme was Witches and Wizards so G was full on Gryffindor

And this happened at the game causing a 20 min game delay.  Serious players, those hockey teams.

So G and I won tickets to another hockey game for posting a picture on Instagram.  We headed out last night for the Witches and Wizards night at the Riverkings hockey game.  G was one of 7 kids/adults dressed as their fav Harry Potter Character.  G was in full out garb, as instructed I posted her on Instagram with the hockey team's hashtag and we won.

This morning after G's basketball game, in which she made a basket and they won, I took G and mom to Wally world for G to get some clay.  We also picked up a lemon pepper chicken rotisserie for lunch and some bread.  I made mac and cheese for G and asparagus for me and mom.

While I was cleaning the kitchen I showed mom some of the Shutterfly books I have made for G.  She loved them.  She saw a picture of me and G from 2014 and told G that it was her and G.  I looked at the picture and said, "Nope, that is me."  She didn't recognize herself in a picture I had of her from Christmas.  I don't believe she sees herself as her current age nor does she think of others at their current age.  This past Thursday night while gathering our stuff to leave after supper I had to show her who dad was again.  She didn't recognize him.  I even pointed out to her that it wasn't her dad sitting in the chair either.  She doesn't recognize dad as his current age but does recognize pictures of him in their wedding pic or as his younger self.

After lunch when I took mom home and we watched a movie while G played on her phone.  It was a good day but difficult to keep mom out of the cookies.  Even diabetic sugar free cookies in large quantities aren't good for her.  She also chews on her finger nails and cuticles which drives me and dad batty and hurts her hands.  I am not sure which is worse the hurting her hands or driving us batty.  I think it is equal.  I put medicine on her fingertips for her to rub in and then helped her get her silk liner gloves on.  The gloves help some but even those have significant holes appearing in them.  I need to get her several more pairs of those silk glove liners but haven't done it yet.

Dad wasn't home when we got there because he was sealing my house up from stray cats and squirrel which we have now decided is smarter than us.  The stupid squirrel has figured out how to get the bait without triggering the trap.  The squirrel also takes exercise in the round vent things on the roof.  While I was up checking the trap the dumb thing jumped down in view, I screamed at it to make it "GO AWAY,"* and it jumped back in the vent thing.  Then somehow either while screaming or trying to get down fast enough I totally pulled a muscle in my thigh.  Call it a comedy of my errors but I will not be going back into the attic.  Stupidly smart squirrel.

After leaving there G and I came home and are currently watching the Hobbit (1st movie).  G made her clay project and we have had dinner.  I am about to work on my Sunday School lesson to cap it off and then off to bed.  Next Saturday is G's last ballgame.  After her basket today I said, "I'm done, I don't care if they win or lose now that she has made a basket."  Very proud mama and for that matter very proud Grandad!!

* do  you know the movie reference?  It has to do with the 2nd Harry Potter movie.

No comments: