Monday, April 04, 2016

Re-Introducing Favorite Foods

I believe G is completely over it.  She is having residual tummy aches but her tummy had a virus so I suppose that is to be expected.  This morning she had one of her favorite breakfasts, grits with cheese and scallions.  So far so good.  I didn't give her any bacon.  She did wake up hungry which she hasn't been hungry at all.

I am keeping her home again today because yesterday at 2 pm-ish her fever was hovering around 100, which isn't very high but high enough to make me keep her home today (fever free for 24 hours is the deal).  I ended up giving her an ibuprofen for her leg that was hurting, but I wasn't going to give her any so the fever could fight off the sick.  I fed her chicken noodle soup with rice in it for supper, and she said it made her hot.  Coincidentally I believe, her fever broke at that moment.  She said she felt sweaty which was a good thing.

Today I will have her sit up all day not lay about and drink water and gatorade, more than she did yesterday.  She is also to get a shower and change her clothes into regular shorts and t-shirt.  I didn't make her change yesterday, why bother.  She hasn't been sick at all other than feeling poorly since Saturday morning.  My dad embarrassed her by suggesting that she had the Noro virus (spelling).  I told him that when I asked if she was sick from that end too she said, "That can't happen!"   I told her that it most certainly could happen.  I think that grossed her out a bit.

As usual, she has been an angel in attitude as she is wont to do when she is sick.  Seriously, she is the best most obedient non-smartalek-y kid in the world when she is sick.  Today, since she is well she may be not quite as good.  Best of all, I haven't gotten it.  Hopefully, I won't.

My dad offered to keep her today so I could go to work.  Two things about that, one my mom would have driven G crazy, and two I would have had to wake her up so early, and she wouldn't have gone back to sleep for a nap.  She has slept a lot these two days which she needed to help fight this.  She has gone to sleep fairly early and napped Saturday for 3 hours and yesterday for 30 mins or so.  G NEVER naps.  I just felt that I needed her to sleep as much as she could or would so I am taking a day to stay with her.  If I didn't have the PTO I probably would have taken her to dad's and stressed myself all day about how she was.

So YEA! we survived the sickness.

2 comments:

Ba Ba and Mommy said...

Hoping she is on the mend. Take care not to get sick.

Briana's Mom said...

So glad she is finally on the mend. It sounds like it really hit her hard.