Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wrapping Up the Year

Thursday is G's last day at her school.  I am very proud of her for just getting through the year.  She missed her old school and friends, and despite her having a good time at the new school she even learned some stuff.  She is up to 1/2 year in 7th grade math which is great since the goal was to get her through 6th grade only.  She can do so very much more.  She has made some good friends.  She has been recognized for her abilities.  She has proven to be one of the smartest if not the smartest kid there.  She doesn't even realize that she is learning because she does have a good time.

Her teacher gave all the kids in her class recognition today.  She gave G a certificate for being the most cooperating.  G never ever complained about doing things she disliked and her teacher recognized her for that.  Actually her teacher didn't realize how much G complained to me about some of the stuff at school until I told her.  She said that G's attitude was always so good.  She never displays difficult attitudes with anyone other than me.

Friday is the closing ceremony and in honor of finishing her first year of private school I am taking her and my mom to lunch on Saturday.  That will give my dad a break too.  I am overly giddy about having Monday as a holiday because I am also taking Friday off.  I will be thoroughly confused next week about what day it is etc.  G will be going with my parents to my nephew's high school graduation.  I cannot attend but since we were invited, G will represent.


This is our fish and I cannot get the fin rot beat. I just treated it with a medicine I ordered so hopefully we will completely get rid of whatever is eating him, literally.

This is a post from a 2009 zoo visit. She is posing at the hippo statue out front. The same hippo statue she is posing in front of in this photo.  We had a fun Saturday with friends who didn't last very long.  The trick of the zoo is to get there at 9am (opening) and stay for a picnic then leave in the afternoon.  Otherwise the crowds and parking are a nightmare.

G is at youth group at my parents' church so I am off to get her.  Then one more day and a closing ceremony and G will officially be a 7th grader.  Where has the time gone?

1 comment:

Briana's Mom said...

How is she a 7th grader? Doesn't seem possible!