Monday, June 06, 2016

Mom Update

So weekends are triggers I suppose you could say for my mom. Out of routine, G not being there, not a lot of activity, and that triggers some fantastic ideas in her brain.  She came out with a terrible accusation that of course now she has no memory of but if ever uttered could have severe implications for her care.  Of course the accusation was all in her head and was not true.  She sees people in her house that aren't there.  She comes in and out of recognition of who her husband is.  She worries and frets.

My thought is that another family (I read about in the news) dealt with this type of accusation in the courts this last year.  Thankfully, the person was acquitted but of course not after having to go through heck to finally have common sense come to the front.

My mom called me yesterday afternoon with this and I finally got her to let me tell dad, who affirmed what I already knew that it wasn't true.  I tried to tell her it was a trick her mind was playing but she wouldn't believe me.

When my grandmother went through this she was always accusing people of taking her stuff or moving fences off her property.  My aunt was able to say, "I have checked and this is not happening" which would calm my grandmother but this that mom is going through is so not the same.  On her off days, mom really believes there are many various people at her house.  I truly believe she sees them.  The brain really can do some funny things to you.

Anyway, one Saturday coming up soon I am going to grab mom and take her out to visit my aunt to give my dad a break.  I have already sort of cleared it with her so as far as I am concerned it is a done deal.  I will not tell mom until the day of; makes things easier.  I will tell dad before hand so he can maybe get her dressed at least.

So if you think about it, please pray for my parents, mostly my dad.  I know Jesus will bring them through but they will be sorely tried.  I also trust that there is no suffering a child of God will go through that has no purpose.  We do not suffer in vain.  Romans 8:28-39

1 comment:

Ba Ba and Mommy said...

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time. I went through this with my mom. She accused me of a lot of things and an attorney had to come in and prove it was all in her mind and part of her disease. I said a prayer for you.