Monday, June 27, 2016

Youth Trip 2016

The morning we left:

Cedar Point Amusement Park gondola ride:

Niagra Falls Canada side:

Toes in Lake Ontario, Niagra-on-the-Lake:

Our youth group took a trip which was dubbed a "rolling summer camp" sort of.  I was able to be a chaperone.  Ended up that I had a room by myself for the whole trip due to my assigned roommate backing out on the day we left.  G roomed with 3 girls and they all stayed up way too late but had a great time.  We went first to see the Creation Museum outside of Cincinnati, OH.  Then we headed to Cedar Point, OH amusement park.

The culmination of the trip was to Niagra Falls on the Canadian side.  It was a very fun trip.  We were told over and over from restaurant managers how well behaved and good our youth were.  One restaurant owner gave a history lesson on a pizza oven to 8 of our youth at lunch.  There were the 8 kids and 5 adults, of which I was one.  It was very interesting lesson.

Everyone seemed to get along well even at the end of the trip.  The bus wasn't terribly uncomfortable and we did get home about 5pm.  I of course got sick half way through and now have a sever cold and sinus infection.  I texted my boss for an extra day off so I could do laundry and rest.  I bought some mucinex for day time and alkaseltzer for night.  The advil cold and sinus I got in Canada wasn't helping me.

I took so many pictures and still have a lot to blog about but am too tired and sick to do so today.  

1 comment:

Briana's Mom said...

Looks like a fun trip! Sorry you got sick though!