Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Some Photos to Share

This is a sunflower from my yard that I accidentally knocked over while mowing. The others are my gladiolas.

G and I are doing some painting. We painted the train table (green part) the same as the door that I haven't gotten used to yet. We plan on painting the white part a light brown then paint a darker brown over it with a special texture roller to make it a wood grain. My mom and I did that to her headboard a long time ago.




Last week while I waited on G to get done at VBS there was a really cool group of clouds that had a storm inside of them.  They were totally gorgeous.  The sun was behind me while I filmed but the light looked like sun in the clouds but in the video you can see the lightening.  I am sure at some point I have seen that before but that night it was a spectacular scene to me.  I stood and took videos and praised God in my heart for the beauty and majesty He created in storm clouds.

This Sunday while I napped G painted our failed mod podge table yellow. I don't know but somehow the yellow makes the mod podge part not look so very terrible.

Mom has had more rough days. Today she didn't know who G was and was so worried about that girl and where that girl's mother was. I explained for all the good it did and maybe in the moment it did work. My mom doesn't comprehend that G is 12 and no longer a baby. She knows G's name but today couldn't put it to the face. She totally doesn't remember my youngest nephews. Of course if they were here she would and with photos she sort of knows them or at least realizes she should know them.

G will be heading off to church camp next week, and I am praying that this is the week she will take this faith as her own.  She has already given her heart to Christ, but I want her to own it for herself.  We may or may not go on a fun activity this Saturday or Sunday.  I am still thinking on that.

G has completely lost her senses with this pokemon go since I told her not to get it at all and she claims to have forgotten what I said.  She is very close to losing her phone due to some very 12 year old ideas she and a friend implemented.  I am not enjoying the 12 year old attitude she throws at me most of the time.  It is during these moments a father in the home might be a great help.  She doesn't do this in front of my parents either or really any other adult.

It is just a phase and in less than 8 years she will be 20.  I just keep remembering that won't have her much longer and relationship is very important.  The day she leaves for camp will be our 11th anniversary of being a family.  She is such an American pre-teenager.

No comments: