Monday, July 11, 2016

What We've Been Up To

Photos are posted in reverse order of the activity pictured.

showing off my awesome knife skillz on a watermelon almost cost me the tip of my finger. I actually don't have any real knife skills.  The watermelon doesn't have to be shared since G doesn't like it๐Ÿ˜€.


Painted the front doors on July 4th but I hate the color.  Now we will have to live with it.  Hoping it will grow on me.


picked almost 2 gallons of blueberries from a friend's bushes.  All are now frozen waiting for me to do something spectacular, other than in my imagination.


I had G clean the house; what else are 12 year olds good for? But she's awful cute doing it.


here she is mowing my parent's yard on the riding mower which she wishes we had too.  Not enough yard for us, we just push.

Other than keeping the fish alive and going to work; not much else is happening.  G did spend some money on a family trivial pursuit game and Mexican train dominoes set which we have played.  I can tolerate the TP game as it goes rather fast.  I really enjoy and am mostly beaten in Mexican train or chicken feet, another fun domino game. G has strategies.

G continues to spend the day with my parent's and helps around the yard.  My mom is slipping mostly recognizing us and not recognizing us in the same visit.  She rarely recognizes that her home is her home and is often ready to leave and go to some home she remembers but no longer owns.

G said she is ready to start school again but doesn't want to go back to the same.  She wants to go back to the public school but I won't allow that.  She thinks because she didn't have a report card with grades that she didn't learn anything.  Deal is, she learned more than she realizes.

So in a nutshell we are surviving, maybe thriving, praying for our country and our future.

No comments: