This was told about my grandmother on my mother's side by my mother's sister. When my grandmother was a child she had an experience with lightening that would make her fearful of storms the rest of her life.
Details are sketchy now so all I have is the jist of the story. My grandmother and at least one of her 9 siblings were sitting on a bench in their living room as children during a thunderstorm when lightening struck and hit their cat which was in the middle of the floor. It killed the cat and flipped over the bench with my grandmother and her sibling on it. She never felt safe in a thunderstorm again.
The windows were closed so it struck through to the living room and hit the cat. Lesson to keep cats which naturally have static electricity out of lightening strike zones I suppose.
Not funny but funny. I never heard the story while she lived, so I am glad my aunt shared.