Thursday, September 08, 2016


The 1st day of school. This year it started 2 days before last year.

She was very excited to go to school today.  She has been ready to start and though there were no delays like last year the school wasn't completely ready.  Her class had no smart board nor had any internet access.

I took today off as a tradition of dropping her off and picking her up for the first day.  Yes, I could have gone to work for 5 hours but I wanted some me time.  I will have driven to her school 3 times today, once to drop her off, then to pick her up and finally to go to a parents' meeting at 6.  G will have to stay with my parents after school.

Her teacher is a hunter. At first I was okay with him but I glanced at some of  his book choices in the class and am left feeling unimpressed and afraid of his potential marxist SJW tendencies.  I will just have to watch what happens and what G brings home to read.  He has said that he will not require students to read anything like the last teacher did.

A week before school started the end times for school changed for the older kids.  I am hoping that our ride doesn't mind waiting 10 minutes to pick G up beginning tomorrow.  G still wants to go to my parents so I am  hoping they will still be able to pick her up at our ride's home.  It will give my mom a break in the day too.

My mom is so much better and almost back to where she was before her fall but it has been a month and a half so she is where she is expected to be.  She has been able to go back to swim but long car drives are not good for her.

My cousin just called to tell me that she has stage 3 breast cancer.  She is starting treatment on her birthday next week.  Makes me sad and worried.

I turned another year older and spent that morning with G at the zoo.  The weather was very nice. The elephant was just hanging out drinking water and eating hay.  His back legs were just resting, heh.

Monday, G and I painted the other side of the train table top with the three game boards. We will seal it this Saturday. We are trying to grow our train table up into a more adult coffee table/fun table. I plan on painting it a light brown with a dark brown wood texture over it. I haven't gotten the texture roller yet. At least I thought you could get a roller to do it but maybe it is a 1/4 role instead. I also haven't picked up the paint yet.

We completed two more puzzles and have 2 more to go.  Walmart had a clearance.  We don't save them like G and my dad do.  We just give them away after completing them.  G and dad would always glue their's on a board to keep.  I think that started with me wanting to keep the valentine charlie brown and snoopy one and then the harry potter puzzles that we framed.  But we now have a record of the puzzles they did for memories.

So off to get her from her 1st day of school!!  I hope it was good.  We both feared that lunch would be assigned seats and sure enough I discovered before her that it is assigned.  She will hate that.

1 comment:

Briana's Mom said...

Hope G had a good first day of school. Glad to hear your mom is on the mend. So sorry to read about your cousin. :(