Saturday, December 17, 2016

Holiday Season

It is right and proper to not only wish people a "Merry Christmas" but also "Happy Holidays" as the word "holiday" itself originally means "holy day" and the plural refers to the days involved in the Advent season as Believers world wide, particularly in the high church traditions, participate in looking back at the first advent as a prophecy to the second advent.  Another time to wish people "Happy Holidays" is during lent and Easter season, which ironically used to be the biggest celebration in Christendom.  Sadly, due to changing traditions and marketing the Christmas season has now become the largest holiday in the Western world.

What we've been upto:

I think we saw Fantastic Beasts before we bought the car and I may have already posted this but I still like it.

The weekend after Thanksgiving and the car, we put our Christmas tree up.  It fit in the new car but now we have lots of pine needles in the trunk.  This year G decided that from now on we need a fake one so after Christmas we will be purchasing a fake one for next year.  After seeing a report about fires on the news, I am in agreement.


G took the independent school exam and we haven't received the grades yet.  I think we are accepted but now I am praying for the tuition to be affordable.  Our current school received the notice and e-mailed me. I explained like I had already to her teacher that it comes down to my mom and the loss of support of my dad (not by his choice but circumstances and not right now but down the road closer than we want).

G had her Christmas concert at school.  A country music star came to perform with them.  My phone storage shut down my phone while I was recording G's class singing their original song.  They wrote the song like they did last year.  The headmistress said no "Jesus" songs as that might offend someone.  Luckily, the country music star didn't hear her or didn't care and he proclaimed Christ through his private mini-concert after the kids sang.  Interestingly he didn't sing any Christmas songs.  I had never heard of him but he came from the area where G goes to school.  Maybe some readers may know him.



My mom is in solid stage 2 but last night she seemed to be up with conversations and making sense.  Dad is just so sweet with her.  We aren't putting mom's Christmas tree up this year.  We also aren't going to my uncle's for Christmas because my mom can't handle it.

We celebrated mom's birthday.  We got her packages of cookies because she doesn't really need anything.  Dad got her pjs which she offered to me for some reason.  I told her I didn't need them.

Her water aerobics friends came out that day and celebrated with her too which was very nice.  My aunt came out earlier and brought her a poinsettia. I love the picture of them holding hands.  Dad fell asleep and I think mom wasn't having a great day.  The photo isn't good but it is full of meaning.



 Our elf returned late and I think G forgot about him.  I sure did.  I don't think G believes but I am letting it go.  Here he is feeling very sorry for the poor fish because G didn't clean the tank well last Sunday and it is a putrid green color.  As I type this she is supposed to be cleaning it again but she is 12 which means she knows best and would rather spend time on her phone.

I am going through the change which is probably to much information but dang these hot flashes.  They are killing me.  Today we are having 70 degree weather which will drop to 21 tonight.  On top of that my body temp flashes to at least 100+ for long enough to be so uncomfortable while G is bundled up in a sweat shirt and long pants.  THAT CHILD!  Of course I have the house temp set at 64-65 so she freezes most of the time, heh.  I can't help it; this is miserable.  It is definitely not a joking matter.  I think more women should talk openly about this to encourage those of us just starting it.

I am behind in Christmas cards which I plan to do today.  We have to make a trip to the dollar store and wally's world for friend gifts.  I haven't sent my nephew and niece any gifts yet.  I did send my sister a gift about sight seeing in NY because I thought her whole family was going but it turned out it was just her, my niece, her daughter in law and the DIL's mom.  Just a girl's trip, I guess my nephew had to work.  

Okay of to get started on the massive amounts of chores.

No comments: