Friday, February 24, 2017

Another Post! Miraculous...

Not really but it does demonstrate that I have the computer to use.  G and a friend from school are going to a youth conference with my church so I took off work to pick them up from school to get them there.  I have a weekend to do and watch what I want when I want and read all I want without being disturbed.  WOOHOO!

I pray this weekend will give her a "mountain top" experience.  I pray she can be less distracted by her friend being there to actually engage her mind.  I pray it is a conference that affirms the Bible and doesn't shove some progressive leftist stuff in there.  Our denomination hasn't been known for traditional Biblical stances in the past.  Slowly, they are coming back to the Book.  So with that, G is going and bringing a friend.

She just doesn't feel comfortable in our church's youth group yet.  I am not inclined to attend my old home church where her friends go and want her to be in our youth group.  That being said, I want this weekend for her to realize God calls us into a community of believers to be participants not consumers.

On another note, my dad is cleaning out my mom's closet.  I am the beneficiary of those items.  Mom and I have always been able (mostly) to wear each other's outfits and shoes.  This is both morbid and nice.  I needed some new jeans and really didn't want to spend the money to get any.  My mom can no longer fiddle with buckles and buttons so her clothing needs have dramatically changed.  He is downsizing now so it won't be an issue later.  Most of her stuff will be going to a women's shelter in town.  And honestly I would rather get the clothes now rather than when the inevitable happens.  My dad is not a person with emotional ties to things but I am.

Anyhoo, that is the update for the week.  Have a better one and be blessed.

No comments: